Chatroulette is one of the most popular online video chat websites that pairs random strangers together for webcam-based conversations. The users can video chat with random strangers, find connections or love and may get a chance to meet in real of they are able to convince the stranger on other end. Chatroulette app allows users to leave the conversation at any point of time and initiate a new conversation. This application is addictive and you may find yourself spending your time here. Let’s learn more about this platform.
Chatroulette was launched and founded by Andrey Ternovskiy in November 2009. The founder of Chatroulette was then a 17-year old high school student from Moscow, Russia. He created this site after getting arose from the concept of video chats on Skype with friends. He was able to create the first version of this website in two days and two nights. He chose this name after watching the movie ‘The Deer Hunter”. Earlier, the site allowed to have text conversations as well. But now, to modernize, the option for text conversation has gone. The user can now video chat and talk while on the webcam.
How to Start First Video Chat on Chatroulette?
- Simply logon to Chatroulette.com.
- It will first ask you to ‘Use your camera’. You need to give it the camera access.
- Now, you will be asked to select a channel. You can choose ‘Random Chat’ or ‘Unmoderated’ as per your convenience. The random chat is recommended and will show you decent people to chat with in most of the cases while unmoderated section might lead to somewhere else and you may not like it as there will be a lot of vulgarity.
- After making the channel selection, you have to press the ‘Start’ button.
- You are now done. The system will automatically connect you to the strangers.
- Now, you can have random video chat with strangers and see where it goes.
- You have an option to skip the chat anytime if you don’t like the stranger.
- Try your luck and you may find the love of your life here. May be….
- You should be polite and respect other users. The internet might be a virtual space, but it’s a real life.
- No sexism, bullying, homophobia, racism, violence or other hate-based chat is tolerated. Strict action is taken against those who spread these chats.
- In ‘Random Chat’ channel, sexually suggestive content is strictly prohibited.
- Illegal behavior like drug abuse is not tolerated.
- No spam or advertising is allowed.
- Chatroulette is for people above 18 years of age.
- You can report anything that violates the rules.
Connect with random strangers, have fun, be creative and enjoy this stunning web-based application. Make new friends with Chatroulette.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The best thing about this application is that no sign up is required. The users can connect with random strangers without actually registering on the website. This is a great way to connect with people of different origin from different countries and different places. The application is diverse and lets you find relevant connections if you are able to hold the conversation for longer period of time. Still, if you have any questions, we have tried to solve the most of them here.
Is it safe to share my public IP address with Chatroulette team?
Yes, it’s totally safe. In fact, Chatroulette already have your public IP address. Blog, forum, and gaming server admins can easily see their user’s IP addresses. To unban you, Chatroulette needs your IP address and confirms if it belongs to you. Your IP address, however, is in no way connected to any of your personal data. Chatroulette don’t save the information provided by users via email.
Is there a place where I can share my ideas and inputs with Chatroulette team?
The feature requests or any other inputs by the users are highly appreciated and always more than welcome. No matter how crazy or bold your idea is, you can send it to the team via contact form.
What to do if I get banned from Chatroulette even though I followed the rules?
You can send your public IP address (you can find it by using https://ifconfig.me) through Chatroulette’s contact form, so that their team can check your IP and unban you.
What do I’ve to consider when I use Chatroulette App?
The only thing you need to keep in mind are the rules of using this application. The Chatroulette user manual and rules have been mentioned above.
When did Chatroulette launched?
Chatroulette started its operations in the month of November in the year 2009.
Who founded Chatroulette?
Chatroulette was founded by Andrey Ternovskiy.
Does Chatroulette has an iOS version?
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have an iOS version. It is not available for iPhone as a app, however, the users can access web link on their iPhone device.
Is Chatroulette legal?
Yes, Chatroulette is completely legal. The users might be involved in spreading illegal activities on this platform. If you see anything suspicious, you can report the user and contact Chatroulette.
Is Chatroulette still popular?
Chatroulette has over 5 million monthly visitors.
Is there a Chatroulette for Android tablets/iPhones/iPad minis/Windows phones?
Chatroulette can be accessed on mobile devices via web link as there is no specific application or mobile version.
How Chatroulette makes money?
Chatroulette generates revenue via advertising.
Who uses Chatroulette?
Chatroulette is accessed and used by all sort of people across the world, though it is now mostly occupied by pervert men.
Is Chatroulette still working?
Yes, Chatroulette is still operating actively.
Can I go on Chatroulette without registration?
Yes, you don’t need to register on Chatroulette to talk to random strangers.
Can I use Chatroulette without using my camera?
No, you can’t do this as you are required to show your face in order to connect with other users, though you can cover your camera or put mask on your face if you want to hide your face.
How do I fix my Chatroulette connection issue?
You can contact Chatroulette at email@example.com, but your connection is interrupted due to your internet. Check it.
Can I use Chatroulette without my face?
Yes, you can go on Chatroulette without showing your faces.
Can I filter the users by interest on Chatroulette?
No, you can’t. However, this feature is available on Omegle.
Is Chatroulette safe from viruses?
Chatroulette is totally safe from viruses, as long as you don’t click on suspicious links.
Can I find a lot of girls on Chatroulette?
Yes, you can.